Friday, March 21, 2014

Cumin wings on sweet potato spinach salad


I love chicken wings...and so I bought some. I was too lazy to mince garlic for some honey garlic wings (plus I can't really eat the honey right now) so I went with my next favorite flavor which is curry/cumin wings. There was a random sweet potato in my fridge so this got worked in as well.

Chicken Wings
Cumin
Soy sauce
Coconut sugar (or any sugar you want....I just used a slight pinch though normally I'd probably use a tbsp or two)

Salad:
Gouda cheese
Sweet potato - cubed and pan seared in butter
Spinach

Dressing:
Grainy mustard
Olive oil
Cider vinegar
a couple drops of Stevia (plant based, zero glycemic index, sweetener)

It was a nice hearty salad. The sweet potato was filling when paired with some meat. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment