Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Classic Chicken wing stew


Stews make easy meals as well...I can chop veggies during Baby's early afternoon nap and then during the early evening nap I put everything into a pot/slow cooker/thermal cooker and let it simmer for a couple hours until Hubby's home and it's all ready to eat. And if the stew is chocked full of veggies then I don't have to prepare that either. Just make rice and enjoy!

Here I actually pan seared the wings first, added the veggies, a bit of stock (not too much because the veggies let out a fair bit of water too) and seasoning and then covered for 45min on low heat. Chicken wings cook pretty fast...especially if seared already. 

Chicken Wings
Various veggies you can find: Carrots and Green & Yellow zucchinis were in my fridge this time
Soy sauce (dark and light)
Sugar
Cornstarch (to dust the chicken wings in before searing)
Cooking wine
Sesame Oil

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment