Friday, March 14, 2014

Mango Salsa Avocado'n Egg on Toast

I had this for breakfast a couple times....so yummy. With gestational diabetes I have to strictly monitor my carb and sugar intake. Bagels are pure sugar...and cereals...you may as well just be eating straight from the sugar jar. Needless to say I've been craving a bowl of Frosted Flakes for a while....I miss sugar. Anyways...for breakfast, I'm allowed one slice of toast. I use sprouted grain bread because it's much lower in glycemic index than regular fluffy bread. 

Bread
Avocado (1/2)
Pan fried egg
Mango Salsa (from Costco)

Really really tasty. 
Also really tasty is just avocado with mango salsa on toast. (I also discovered that eating corn products keeps my blood sugar levels too high for too long. So no corn chips for me.)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds tasty!
    I've actually had good blood sugar control/levels with raisin bran cereal with 1% milk. I usually add 1-2 tbsp of kellog's all bran buds as well for extra fiber (helps with pregnancy constipation and prevention of hemorrhoids). That's the only cereal that has given me consistently good numbers. I have not found any other cereals that work (even though their nutrition labels show lower sugar content)... Special K and Vector were terrible for me.

    ReplyDelete